- Determine your residents’ preferences – use this sample survey as is or select the questions that will help your company decide how to move forward.
No-Smoking Lease Language
These are samples of model lease language from a variety of sources. Find the one closest to your situation and customize the language to fit your needs.
- Sample Smoking Policy Disclosure Form
- No-Smoking lease addendum template
- HUD-funded housing: Model Smokefree Housing Policy from MI – (this is a change to “House
- USDA-funded housing: Guardian Management’s Oregon House Rules for Properties with Rural Development Financing
- Lease forms for purchase (these all have no-smoking language):
Announcing the Policy to Residents
- Five Reasons We Are Adopting a No-Smoking Policy – handout for residents
- Housing Authority of Portland’s notice of revision of lease
- Guardian Management’s letter to Rural Housing residents
Signs and Stickers to Announce your Policy
Enforcement & Communication Tools
- Smokefree Housing Enforcement Toolkit: It’s Easier Than You Think
- Enforcement Steps with Tips from Successful Property Managers
- Need help handling a dispute with a tenant or between tenants over smoking?
Advertising your rentals
- Make sure to include “No-Smoking” as an amenity in your listing.
- List your home or apartment with www.HousingConnections.org, a free public service site connecting people with housing across the Portland-Vancouver Metro region.